CDL E-Generation Challenge 2020
The CDL E-Generation Challenge is an annual competition that unearths talented young advocates from Singapore and the ASEAN region, giving eco-champions an exciting platform to inspire thousands towards a greener and more sustainable future. Winners from our past three E-Generation Challenges took part in expeditions to the Arctic, Antarctica and the Coral Triangle at Raja Ampat archipelago. They are now powerful advocates, reaching out to and engaging with people around the world to grow the green force for our planet.
According to the Living Planet Report issued by WWF in 2018, humanity has wiped out 60% of wildlife populations since 1970. The biggest drivers of this devastation are overexploitation and agriculture, both linked to rising human consumption.
Calling eco champions in Singapore and ASEAN from age 18 to 35 (as at 31 Dec 2020)! Tell us your thoughts about the effects of deforestation, and propose possible solutions to curb the trend. Winners of the E-Generation Challenge 2020 will get to go on a 2-week expedition to Africa and visit Jane Goodall Institute conservation sites to learn more about its work in researching and protecting the region’s biodiversity.
Join the challenge today via www.tinyurl.com/CDLEGen2020
Submissions will close on 1 June 2020.
- The competition is open to all Singaporeans, PRs and ASEAN citizens.
- Participants should be between the age of 18 and 35 years old as at 31 Dec 2020.
- Participants should possess a strong passion for the environment and demonstrate abilities as change-makers.
- A strong social media or other publicity network and effective communication skills would be an advantage.
- A strong presence in related circles, such as NGOs, school CCAs and/or social media platforms is desirable.
- Winners should also be able to commit to the trip from 23 October to 3 November 2020.
- All participants are required to standby to be able to attend the final judging session on 27 June, Saturday, 9am – 12pm. (GMT +0800) For ASEAN participants, Skype session can be arranged.
- Top 10 finalists will be announced via email by mid June 2020. Only top 10 finalists will be required to attend the final judging in person or via Skype.
An amazing 12-day expedition to visit various Jane Goodall Institute conservation sites in Africa, including staying at Jane’s house where she resided during her time researching on Chimpanzees in Gombe!
Requirements of Participants
Participants are to send in their applications with the following:
 3,000 word essay OR 3-5 min video
- Self introduction.
- Involvement or interest in sustainability and environmental conservation.
- Essay or video should convey and demonstrate participant’s understanding, insight and ideas to address the topic – “The impact of deforestation and importance of protecting biodiversity in Singapore and Asia”.
- Supporting photos, clips on communications, media (online/print), or any other creative expressions are encouraged.
 A comprehensive publicity and social media plan on how the Winners intends to share his/her experience after the expedition to a larger community and provide an estimated outreach.
All submissions to be sent to www.tinyurl.com/CDLEGen2020
For further enquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirement of Top 10 Finalists
Selected participants will have to conduct a presentation in front of a judging panel of experts in their relevant fields. Finalists are free to adopt creative and effective presentation approach.
Requirements of Winners:
- The Winners will be required to transcribe and share their experiences on the website or/and social media platforms identified or organized by the organisers (min 500-1000 words).
- Winners should submit a report (2,000 words) with photos & video on their experience and learning from the expedition within three months of the expedition. An event, workshop or outreach programme can alternatively be organised to share their findings in place of an essay.
- The winners will support the organisers to serve as champions to influence and inspire youths and a larger community.
- Each winner is required to take part in a minimum of four outreach activities organized or recommended by the organisers within the first two years of winning the award.
- Each winner will be an automatic member of the CDL E-Generation Alumnae to continue championing environmental conservation on a voluntary and friendly basis.
- Should the winners organize or publicize their expedition, they will have to attribute CDL and key sponsors of the CDL E-Generation Challenge in all collaterals and/or event materials.